Details for Benchmark: TR0863
N 48° 02.417 W 123° 01.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLALLAM county, WA View Original Datasheet
- J 466
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1974 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
4.75 MI SE FROM SEQUIM. 4.45 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 101 FROM THE JUNCTION OF SEQUIM AVENUE AT SEQUIM, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG SEQUIM BAY STATE PARK ENTRANCE ROAD, THENCE 0.15 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD TO PICNIC AREA 2, THENCE 0.05 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD TO PARK PIER, AT THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE PARK PIER, 21 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 19.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE WOODEN PIER, IN THE TOP OF A 3 BY-6 FOOT EMBEDDED BOULDER WHICH PROJECTS 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 4.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST FACE OF A WOODEN POLE RETAINING WALL, 5 FEET EAST OF A PILING SUPPORT WALL, ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE PIER DECK, ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE GROUND, AND ABOUT 2 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD. SECTION 2, T 29N, R 3W.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.