Details for Benchmark: TR1102
N 48° 05.818 W 122° 29.490 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ISLAND county, WA View Original Datasheet
- EAST POINT LIGHT
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (CP)
ON EASTERN SHORE OF WHIDBEY ISLAND, AT ENTRANCE TO SARATOGA PASSAGE AND ON THE LOW SAND POINT CALLED EAST POINT.
LIGHT ON TOP OF SMALL WHITE RECTANGULAR STRUCTURE, SET ON DRIVEN PILES, FLASHES WHITE EVERY 4 SECONDS, ABOUT 12 FEET ABOVE THE SAND BEACH AND 23 METERS BACK FROM THE HIGH WATER LINE ON THE EXTREME END OF THE POINT.
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960 (LGT)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.