Details for Benchmark: TR2664
N 48° 41.318 W 122° 21.655 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WHATCOM county, WA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1905 by IBC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY INTERNATIONAL BOUNDARY COMMISSION 1905
ON THE NORTH END OF LOOKOUT, OR WHATCOM, MOUNTAIN WHICH LIES BETWEEN WHATCOM AND SAMISH LAKES ABOUT 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF BELLINGHAM, WASHINGTON. THE STATION IS ON THE BARE ROCKY SUMMIT. THE SOUTH END OF THE MOUNTAIN OR RIDGE HAS A SUMMIT OF ABOUT THE SAME ELEVATION ABOUT ABOUT THREE - FOURTHS MILE SOUTH OF THE STATION, BUT IT IS HEAVILY TIMBERED.
STATION MARK--A BRONZE - DISK STATION MARK SET IN A LARGE SANDSTONE OUTCROP. TWO DRILL HOLES IN THE SAME ROCK, CLOSE TOGETHER, ARE 1.1 METERS FROM THE STATION. THE US COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY ESTABLISHED A FIRST - ORDER TRIANGULATION STATION ABOUT 0.2 METER SOUTHEAST OF THE ORIGINAL STATION MARK. THE USC AND GS STATION MARK IS A STANDARD USC AND GS BRONZE DISK STATION MARK WEDGED IN A DRILL HOLE IN THE SAME OUTCROPPING ROCK THAT THE ORIGINAL MARK IS SET IN. A STANDARD USC AND GS BRONZE DISK REFERENCE MARK, WITH THE ARROW POINTING TOWARD THE USC AND GS STATION, IS WEDGED IN A DRILL HOLE IN OUTCROPPING BEDROCK 18.743 METERS FROM THE USC AND GS STATION, IN BEARING 251 DEGREES 47 MINUTES. A LIKE REFERENCE MARK, SET IN THE SAME MANNER, IS 15.266 METERS FROM THE STATION IN BEARING 318 DEGREES 39 MINUTES.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.