Details for Benchmark: TS0216
N 48° 05.068 W 124° 04.342 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLALLAM county, WA View Original Datasheet
- NORTH POINT LOOKOUT HOUSE 1954
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 (RAG)
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE CREST OF A HIGH EAST-WEST RIDGE LYING PARALLEL TO AND NORTH OF U.S. HIGHWAY 101, ABOUT 10.5 MILES EAST OF SAPPHO, 7.5 MILES WEST OF THE WEST END OF LAKE CRESENT AND 2.5 MILES EAST NORTHEAST OF SNIDER RANGER STATION.
THE STATION IS THE SPIRE AT THE TOP CENTER OF THE LOOKOUT HOUSE. THE SPIRE IS 12 INCHES IN LENGTH, SERVES AS A LIGHTNING ROD AND IS 18.36 FEET, 5.596 METERS, SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF TRIANGULATION STATION N. POINT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1991.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.