Details for Benchmark: TT1429
N 62° 07.717 W 150° 02.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In county, AK View Original Datasheet
- L 105
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1965 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965
14.65 MI S FROM TALKEETNA. 14.35 MILES SOUTH ALONG A GRAVELED ROAD FROM THE ALASKA RAILROAD STATION AT TALKEETNA, THENCE 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 3, ABOUT 0.3 MILE SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF TWO GRAVELED ROADS, AT THE JUNCTION OF A DRIVEWAY LEADING EAST, 75 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 183 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVEWAY, 4 1/2 FEET WEST OF A TRIANGULAR BLAZED TREE, 1.4 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 40 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 5-INCH ORANGEBURG PIPE WHICH PROJECTS 0.6 FOOT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.