Details for Benchmark: TU1118
N 21° 23.980 W 157° 50.113 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In HONOLULU county, HI View Original Datasheet
- STATE SURVEY 9-26 LOW 1969
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1969 by HIGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY HAWAII GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
STATION IS LOCATED ON THE TOP OF KOOLAU RANGE, BETWEEN MOANALUA VALLEY AND HAIKU VALLEY, AND ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN THE ANTENNA ANCHOR TOWERS FOR THE HAIKU RADIO STATION CABLES.
STATION IS ON A SMALL PEAK WITH AN AREA OF ABOUT 15 FEET WIDTH SEATED OVER THE SADDLE RIDGE AND CAN ONLY BE REACHED BY THE USE OF HELICOPTER.
STATION MARK IS A STANDARD SURVEY DISK STAMPED 9-26 1969 = LOW CEMENTED IN CONCRETE MONUMENT 0.1 FOOT ABOVE GROUND LEVEL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1998. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.