Details for Benchmark: TU3080
N 20° 46.699 W 156° 31.398 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MAUI county, HI View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||cesariojpn found TU3080
This appears to be the Boulder in question. Shows signs of white paint (and some "gang graffiti") and is at the prescribed distances and direction from the lighthouse/beacon.
The boulder in question overlooking Honoapiilani Highway (SW).
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1912 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1912 (JCG)
A HYDROGRAPHIC SIGNAL OF 1900 NEAR SHORE OF MAALAEA BAY. A LARGE BOWLDER ABOUT 4 FEET HIGH LYING ABOVE THE GOVERNMENT ROAD ABOUT 100 METERS NORTHWEST OF MC GREGORS LIGHT. THE BOWLDER IS BY FAR THE LARGEST ISOLATED ROCK IN THIS VICINITY.
|01/01/1969 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1969 (RCM)
A LARGE BOULDER WAS FOUND IN THE VICINITY, AND APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN WHITEWASHED ONCE. THE POSITION WAS CHECKED BY TRAVERSE FROM MC GREGOR POINT LIGHT, AND IT IS BELIEVED THIS IS THE OLD STATION. IT IS NOW HIDDEN BY KIAWE TREES, AND OF NO VALUE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1998. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.