Details for Benchmark: UV4384
N 61° 27.884 W 149° 20.715 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In county, AK View Original Datasheet
- EKLUTNA RADIO TOWER 5
- Marker Type:
- radio/tv tower
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (JCS)
STATION IS TOWER NO. 5 OF THE 5 RADIO TOWERS OF THE EKLUTNA LOW FREQUENCY FACILITY OPERATED BY THE CIVIL AERONAUTICS AUTHORITY, LOCATED ABOUT 25.0 MILES N OF ANCHORAGE, AND 1.0 MILE N OF THE SMALL SETTLEMENT OF EKLUTNA. IT IS A FOUR-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE, PAINTED IN ALTERNATE SECTIONS OF RED AND WHITE, AND IS 300 FEET HIGH.
POINT OBSERVED UPON AND TRAVERSED TO IS THE CENTER OF BASE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1986.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.