Details for Benchmark: UW6181
N 61° 27.047 W 150° 45.038 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In county, AK View Original Datasheet
- MT SUSITNA SOUTHERN SPUR
- Marker Type:
- mountain peak
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1922 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1922 (LCD)
MT. SUSITNA (SOUTH PEAK, 4,239 FEET HIGH) IS SITUATED ABOUT 15 MILES NORTH OF COOK INLET AND ABOUT 8 MILES WEST OF THE SUSITNA RIVER. IT IS ABOUT 32 MILES NORTHWEST OF ANCHORAGE, A STATION ON THE ALASKA RAILROAD. THE PEAK IS WELL LOCATED, FIVE OR SIX GOOD CUTS HAVING BEEN OBTAINED.
THIS IS AN INTERSECTION STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1986.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.