Details for Benchmark: AA3128
N 38° 39.178 W 105° 28.359 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1992 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1992 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 20 MILES NORTHWEST OF CANYON CITY, COLORADO ON THE EAST SIDE OF STATE HIGHWAY 9. IT IS AT U.S. HIGHWAY 50 MILEPOST 14.45. OWNERSHIP COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT OF WAY. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 50 AND STATE HIGHWAY 9, GO NORTH ON STATE HIGHWAY 9 FOR 14.35 MILES TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. STATION MARK IS A HORIZONTAL CONTROL DISK SET IN THE TOP OF GRANITE BOULDER PROJECTING 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND, THE BOULDER IS 5.25 FEET B 3.3 FEET, THE STATION IS 30.85 FEET EAST OF CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 9, 13.8 FEET WEST OF THE EAST RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, 2.8 FEET NORTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST, AND 4. FEET SOUTH OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1994.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.