Details for Benchmark: AA6855
N 41° 08.033 W 081° 22.439 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1.4 MI SOUTHWEST OF KENT CITY HALL ON THE EAST SIDE OF MOGADORE ROAD ABOUT 360 FT SOUTH OF STATE ROUTE 261. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTES 261 AND 43 ABOUT 1.1 MI SOUTH OF KENT CITY HALL, TRAVEL WEST ON STATE ROUTE 261 ABOUT 1.0 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF MOGADORE ROAD. TURN LEFT AND TRAVEL SOUTH ON MOGADORE ROAD ABOUT 360 FT TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF KENT BRONZE DISK STAMPED BR-02-01 SET IN A CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE WITH RE-BAR FOR MAGNETIC DETECTION. THE STATION IS ABOUT 23.7 FT EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, ABOUT 204.8 FT SOUTH OF A SANITARY SEWER MANHOLE AND IS ABOUT 128.8 FT NORTH OF POWER POLE NO. 83056. STATION MARK BR-02-02 ABOUT 0.4 MI TO THE SOUTHWEST ON THE WEST SIDE OF MOGADORE ROAD MAY BE USED FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.