Details for Benchmark: AA6863
N 41° 09.069 W 081° 22.656 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION IS LOCATED NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF HAYMAKER PARKWAY (STATE ROUTE 59) AND LONGMERE AVENUE. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF SOUTH WATER STREET (STATE ROUTE 43) AND HAYMAKER PARKWAY (STATE ROUTE 59) NEAR KENT CITY HALL, TRAVEL WEST ON HAYMAKER PARKWAY ABOUT 1.0 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF LONGMERE AVENUE. TURN LEFT ON TO LONGMERE AVENUE AND TRAVEL SOUTH ABOUT 100 FT TO AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT. THE STATION IS 63.7 FT SOUTHWEST OF A MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY FOUND IN THE CENTERLINE OF HAYMAKER PARKWAY AT ITS INTERSECTION WITH THE EASTERLY LINE OF ORIGINAL FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP LOT 27. A FIRE HYDRANT AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF HAYMAKER PARKWAY AND LONGMERE AVENUE IS 85.5 FT FROM THE STATION. THE STATION IS 44.8 FT SOUTHWEST OF A MANHOLE AND IS 2.0 FT BEHIND THE SIDEWALK. STATION MARK FR-27-03 ABOUT 0.20 MI TO THE WEST NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF WEST MAIN STREET (STATE ROUTE 59) AND ADMORE DRIVE MAY BE USED FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.