Details for Benchmark: AA6881
N 41° 08.314 W 081° 20.471 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION MARK IS ON THE EAST SIDE OF CAMPUS CENTER DRIVE BETWEEN SUMMIT ROAD AND STATE ROUTE 261 IN THE SOUTHEASTERN PART OF THE CITY OF KENT, OHIO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE ROUTE 43 (SOUTH WATER STREET) AND STATE ROUTE 261, TRAVEL EAST ON STATE ROUTE 261 ABOUT 0.4 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF CAMPUS CENTER DRIVE. TURN LEFT ON TO CAMPUS DRIVE AND TRAVEL NORTH ABOUT 0.4 MI TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT SITUATED APPROXIMATELY IN THE MIDDLE OF A CURVE DEFLECTING TO THE LEFT. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF KENT BRONZE DISK STAMPED FR-05-01 SET IN A CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE WITH RE-BAR FOR MAGNETIC DETECTION. A MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY IN THE CENTERLINE OF CAMPUS CENTER DRIVE AT THE P.C. OF A CURVE IS ABOUT 118.7 FT SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION MARK AND ANOTHER MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY AT THE P.T. OF SAID CURVE IS ABOUT 132.1 FT NORTHWEST OF THE STATION. THE STATION MARK IS ABOUT 5.0 FT EAST OF THE EXISTING EAST EDGE OF PAVEMENT. STATION MARK FR-04-01 ABOUT 0.3 MI TO THE NORTHEAST ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF SUMMIT ROAD MAY BE USED FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.