Details for Benchmark: AA6891
N 41° 08.362 W 081° 19.752 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF SUMMIT STREET JUST EAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINE OF SUMMIT STREET AND THE WEST LINE OF ORIGINAL FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP LOT 3. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE 59 AND STATE ROUTE 261, TRAVEL SOUTH ALONG STATE ROUTE 261 ABOUT 1.2 MI TO THE INTERSECTION OF SUMMIT ROAD. TURN RIGHT ON TO SUMMIT ROAD AND TRAVEL WEST ABOUT 0.5 MI AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. THE STATION MARK IS A STANDARD CITY OF KENT BRONZE DISK STAMPED FR-03-02 SET IN A CONCRETE MASS FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE WITH RE-BAR FOR MAGNETIC DETECTION. IT IS ABOUT 24.1 FT SOUTH OF THE PAVEMENT CENTERLINE OF SUMMIT STREET. UTILITY POLE NO. 118842 LOCATED ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF SUMMIT STREET IS ABOUT 24.2 FT WEST OF THE STATION. A MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINE OF SUMMIT STREET AND THE WEST LINE OF ORIGINAL FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP LOT 3 IS ABOUT 24.8 FT NORTHWEST OF THE STATION MARK. STATION MARK FR-03-01 ABOUT 0.5 MI TO THE EAST NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF HODGEMAN LANE AND SUMMIT ROAD MAY BE USED FOR AN AZIMUTH MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.