Details for Benchmark: AA6895
N 41° 09.543 W 081° 14.576 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In PORTAGE county, OH View Original Datasheet
- RAVENNA ECCENTRIC
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- driven into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1993 by OH3880 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CITY OF KENT OHIO 1993 (DT)
THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF CEDAR STREET AND NORTH CHESTNUT STREET (STATE ROUTE 44) NEAR THE POST OFFICE IN THE CITY OF RAVENNA, OHIO. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MAIN STREET (STATE ROUTE 59) AND CHESTNUT STREET (STATE ROUTE 44) IN THE CENTER OF TOWN, TRAVEL NORTH ON CHESTNUT 2 BLOCKS TO THE INTERSECTION OF CEDAR STREET AND THE STATION NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER. THE STATION MARK IS A NO. 8 RE-BAR, 36 INCHES LONG, SET FLUSH WITH THE SURFACE, IN THE FRONT YARD OF THE RAVENNA POST OFFICE 44266. A MONUMENT BOX ASSEMBLY IN THE CENTERLINE OF CHESTNUT STREET AT ITS INTERSECTION WITH THE NORTHERLY LINE OF CEDAR STREET IS ABOUT 34.8 FT SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION. A MANHOLE NEAR THE INTERSECTION OF THE STREET CENTERLINES IS ABOUT 48.8 FT SOUTHWEST OF THE STATION. THE FLAG POLE IN THE FRONT YARD OF THE POST OFFICE IS ABOUT 45.7 FT NORTH OF THE STATION. THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BRICK POST OFFICE BUILDING IS ABOUT 41.1 FT NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE STATION. THE FRONT YARD OF THE POST OFFICE IS WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A 6 INCH RAISED CONCRETE CURB LOCATED JUST BEHIND THE CONCRETE SIDEWALK. THE RAISED CONCRETE CURB IS BUILT ON AN ARC NEAR THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE FRONT YARD WITH A RADIUS OF ABOUT 3 FT. THE STATION MARK IS LOCATED VERY NEAR THE CENTER OF THE RADIUS. THE STATION WAS SET AS AN ECCENTRIC FOR RAVENNA, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE OF THE POST OFFICE. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO DIRECT AZIMUTH MARK FOR THIS STATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.