Details for Benchmark: AB4816
N 40° 31.398 W 103° 29.175 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LOGAN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- RW 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1995 by CODOT (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES (3.2 KM) SOUTH OF WILLARD, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTIONS OF COUNTY ROAD 11 AND COUNTY ROAD 14, ON PRIVATE PROPERTY, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF SEC. 35, T. 7 N., R. 55 W. OWNERSHIP--MR WILLARD SANDSTEAD (970) 522-2269. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF SH 14 AND COUNTY ROAD 11, GO SOUTH ON COUNTY ROAD 11 FOR 6.7 MILES (10.8 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF COUNTY ROAD 11 WITH COUNTY ROAD 14 AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT (WEST). STATION MARK IS A BRASS DISK SET IN A 9 IN SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT, PROJECTING 10 CM ABOVE THE GROUND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, 11.6 M NORTH OF A TRACK ROAD LEADING WEST, 12.2M WEST OF THE CENTER OF COUNTY ROAD 11, 1.6 M WEST OF A CUT OFF POWER POLE, 0.8M NORTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 0.4 M NORTH OF A E-W FENCE, 0.7 M WEST OF A N-S FENCE, 1.1 M WEST NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in July 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.