Details for Benchmark: AC9234
N 38° 53.244 W 121° 00.949 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL DORADO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HPGN D CA 03 EK
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- aluminum alloy rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by CADT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY CALTRANS 1994 (JCB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 49 AND 193 IN COOL, ABOUT 20 MI (32.2 KM) NORTHWEST OF PLACERVILLE AND 3 MI (4.8 KM) EAST OF AUBURN. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 80 AND STATE HIGHWAY 49 IN AUBURN, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 49 FOR 0.15 MI (0.24 KM) TO A T-INTERSECTION WITH LINCOLN WAY. TURN LEFT AND GO EAST ON LINCOLN WAY (HIGHWAY 49) FOR 0.2 MI (0.3 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH HIGH STREET. BEAR LEFT AND GO NORTHEAST ON HIGH STREET (HIGHWAY 49) FOR 0.35 MI (0.56 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION WITH EL DORADO STREET. BEAR RIGHT AND GO EAST ON EL DORADO STREET (HIGHWAY 49) FOR 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF BORLAND AVENUE ON THE RIGHT AND LINCOLN WAY ON THE LEFT. CONTINUE EAST ON EL DORADO STREET (HIGHWAY 49) FOR 2.3 MI (3.7 KM) TO A SIDE ROAD RIGHT, HIGHWAY 49. TURN RIGHT AND GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 49, CROSSING THE HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER THE NORTH FORK OF THE AMERICAN RIVER, FOR 3.3 MI (5.3 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT, IN THE NORTHEAST QUADRANT OF THE JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 193. THE STATION IS A SURVEY DISK ENCASED IN PVC PIPE WITH ACCESS COVER SET IN CONCRETE FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 152 FT (46.3 M) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 193, 76.5 FT (23.3 M) NORTH OF UTILITY POLE NO 1017, 42.5 FT (13.0 M) EAST OF A CONCRETE DIVIDER CURB ON HIGHWAY 49, 22 FT (6.7 M) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF PAVEMENT OF HIGHWAY 49, 3.0 FT (0.9 M) WEST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 6 FT (1.8 M) HIGHER THAN HIGHWAY 49. THIS STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.