Details for Benchmark: AE4277
N 39° 07.709 W 104° 03.124 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In ELBERT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1996 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1996 (RSC)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 14.5 MI (23.3 KM) NORTHEAST OF CALHAN, 6.4 MI (10.3 KM) EAST OF RAMAH AND AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF EL PASO COUNTY, IN THE SOUTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 36, T 10 S, R 60 W. OWNERSHIP--COUNTY ROAD RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION, GO TO THE INTERSECTION OF COMMERCE ROAD AND HOLTWOOD ROAD, THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF EL PASO COUNTY, AND THE STATION THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A 50 CM ROUND CONCRETE POST, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 43.6 M (143.0 FT) WEST FROM THE EXTENDED CENTER OF HOLTWOOD ROAD, 6.8 M (22.3 FT) NORTH FROM THE CENTER OF COMMERCE ROAD, 0.5 M (1.6 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST FROM A WITNESS POST, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) SOUTH FROM THE RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE AND ABOUT 30 CM BELOW THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in October 1997.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.