Details for Benchmark: AE7696
N 39° 21.983 W 107° 02.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PITKIN county, CO View Original Datasheet
- R 278 RESET
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1995 by CODOT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1995 (LJ)
0.1 MI (0.2 KM) NORTH ALONG BASALT AVENUE FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 82 AT THE TOWN OF BASALT. SET INTO THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE (RF-12) OVER THE ROARING FORK RIVER. IT IS 47.2 M (154.9 FT) SOUTHWEST FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE 7-11 STORE, 18.9 M (62.0 FT) EAST FROM UNIT NUMBER 5 OF THE ROARING FORK COMMUNITY TRAILER PARK, 14.3 M (46.9 FT) NORTH FROM A TELEPHONE PEDISTAL, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) NORTHEAST FROM A WITNESS POST AND 15 CM ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.