Details for Benchmark: AE9197
N 41° 52.683 W 091° 38.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In LINN county, IA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by IA-113 (MONUMENTED)
|01/08/1998 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (GAS)
0.3 KM (0.20 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG ROSE AVENUE FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SWISHER, THENCE 4.0 KM (2.50 MI) EASTERLY ALONG DIVISION STREET AND COUNTY ROAD F-12, THENCE 3.4 KM (2.10 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG CLUB ROAD, IN TOP OF AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT GUARDRAIL OF A BRIDGE SPANNING SOUTH HOOSIER CREEK, 5.1 M (16.7 FT) WEST OF THE ROAD CENTER, AND 0.9 M (3.0 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 2000.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.