Details for Benchmark: AH2841
N 39° 13.305 W 108° 53.168 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MESA county, CO View Original Datasheet
- CP MKN
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1994 by CODOT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1994 (LJ)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 20 MI (32.2 KM) WEST OF GRAND JUNCTION, 5 MI (8.0 KM) EAST OF THE UTAH-COLORADO STATE LINE AND 1 MI (1.6 KM) WEST OF THE TOWN OF MACK, IN THE NORTHEAST 1/4 OF SECTION 4, T 10 S, R 103 W, AT INTERSTATE 70 MILEPOST 9.9. OWNERSHIP--COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION FROM INTERSTATE 70 AND EXIT 11, THE MACK EXIT, GO WEST ON INTERSTATE 70 FOR 1.05 MI (1.69 KM) TO THE STATION ON THE RIGHT THE MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET ON THE TOP OF AN ALUMINUM ROD DRIVEN INTO THE GROUND, ENCASED IN A 6-INCH PVC PIPE WITH LOGO LID, SURROUNDED WITH A CONCRETE COLLAR, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 25.9 M (85.0 FT) NORTH FROM THE CENTER LINE OF INTERSTATE 70 WEST BOUND LANES, 15.9 M (52.2 FT) SOUTH FROM THE NORTHERN RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, 0.6 M (2.0 FT) SOUTH FROM A WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 4 M (13.1 FT) ABOVE THE WEST BOUND LANES ON THE TOP OF A SMALL HILL.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.