Details for Benchmark: AH2842
N 39° 10.767 W 108° 48.730 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MESA county, CO View Original Datasheet
- P073 0 I-70
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by CO-077 (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY MESA COUNTY COLORADO 1997 (LJ)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 15 MI (24.1 KM) NORTHWEST OF GRAND JUNCTION, 4 MI (6.4 KM) SOUTHEAST OF MACK AND 1.2 MI (1.9 KM) SOUTH OF LOMA, IN THE SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 3, T 1 N, R 3 W, AT STATE HIGHWAY 136 MILEPOST 0.1. OWNERSHIP-COLORADO DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION RIGHT-OF-WAY TO REACH THE STATION, GO TO THE INTERSECTION OF INTERSTATE 70 AND STATE HIGHWAY 136, 1.2 MI (1.9 KM) SOUTH OF THE TOWN OF LOMA, IN THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION, INTERSTATE EXIT 15, ON THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE HIGHEST HILL, BEST DRIVING UP THE INTERSTATE 70 WESTBOUND OFF RAMP SIDE OF THE HILL THE MARK IS A STANDARD BRASS COUNTY SURVEY MARKER RIVITED ON THE TOP OF AN IRON PIPE, SURROUNDED BY A CONCRETE COLLAR, PROJECTING 6 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS 9.8 M (32.2 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHWEST FROM A GREEN FENCE CORNER WITH BRACES, 0.7 M (2.3 FT) NORTHWEST FROM AN IRON FENCE POST AND A PLASTIC WITNESS POST, ABOUT 30 M (98.4 FT) ABOVE THE INTERSTATE, ABOUT 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) EAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 137 AND ABOUT 0.1 MI (0.2 KM) NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.