Details for Benchmark: AI7796
N 40° 44.050 W 074° 09.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ESSEX county, NJ View Original Datasheet
- 01392590 A
- Marker Type:
- flange-encased rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1997 by NJGS (MONUMENTED)
|05/15/1998 by NJGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NEW JERSEY GEODETIC SURVEY 1998 (RJK)
THE STATION IS LOCATED IN THE CITY OF NEWARK ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF RAYMOND BOULEVARD ON THE GROUNDS OF RIVERBANK PARK, A CITY OWNED PROPERTY, NOW ABANDONED AND SET OPPOSITE THE ENTRANCE RAMP LEADING FROM THE WESTBOUND LANES OF RAYMOND BOULEVARD TO THE BRIDGE CARRYING F.E. RODGERS BOULEVARD OVER THE PASSAIC RIVER AND ALSO IN LINE WITH THE EAST CURBLINE EXTENDED OF VAN BUREN STREET, A TEE INTERSECTION ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF RAYMOND BOULEVARD. THE STATION IS A STANDARD NGS THREE DIMENSIONAL MARK. THE LOGO FLANGE WITH ACCESS COVER IS STAMPED 01392590 A 1997 AND IS SET FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE STATION IS A NINE SIXTEENTHS INCH DIAMETER STAINLESS STEEL ROD WITH GREASE FILLED SLEEVE DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT A DEPTH OF 23.78 M (78.02 FT) AND IS RECESSED ABOUT 10 CM BELOW THE GROUND. THE SLEEVE DEPTH DOES NOT MEET THE SPECIFICATIONS FOR A CLASS A MARK, 5.7 METERS (18.7 FT) NORTH FROM THE WEST END OF A 6 FT (1.8 M) HIGH CHAIN LINK FENCE ALONG THE NORTH SIDE OF RAYMOND BOULEVARD, 11.5 M (37.7 FT) NORTHEAST FROM THE CENTERLINE OF THE RAMP LEADING TO THE BRIDGE AND 9.6 M (31.5 FT) NORTH FROM AN ALUMINUM LIGHTPOLE ON THE NORTHEAST SIDE OF RAYMOND BOULEVARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 2001. No vertical observational check was made to the station.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.