Details for Benchmark: CX1571
N 32° 00.078 W 106° 24.669 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, TX View Original Datasheet
- T26S R5E SECS 34 35 CC NM TX
- Marker Type:
- boundary marker disk
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1981 (DCF)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 25.8 KM (16 MI) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF EL PASO AND 19.3 KM (12 MI) EAST OF ANTHONY. OWNERSHIP--CITY OF EL PASO, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NO. 2 CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, EL PASO, TX 79999, TELEPHONE NUMBER 915-543-4200.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE INTERSECTION OF LOOP 375 (TRANS MOUNTAIN) AND FARM ROAD 2529 (MCCOMBS), GO NORTH ON FARM ROAD 2529 (MCCOMBS) FOR 9.3 KM (5.8 MI) TO A CROSSROAD, (FARM 2529 TURNS LEFT AND GOES WEST). CONTINUE AHEAD NORTH ON MCCOMBS FOR 1.5 KM (0.95 MI) TO A SIDE ROAD LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO WEST FOR 0.24 KM (0.15 MI) TO STATION ON RIGHT.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD USGLO DISK STAMPED---TEX T26S S34 S35 1915---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE MONUMENT 30 CM IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 30 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 9.754 METERS NORTH FROM THE CENTER OF STATE LINE, 9.449 METERS WEST FROM THE CENTER OF A GRAVEL ROAD, AND 0.31 METERS WEST FROM A BARBED WIRE FENCE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN ABOVE THE MARK WAS 1.3 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996. No horizontal observational check was made to the station.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.