Details for Benchmark: CX1690
N 32° 00.044 W 106° 34.894 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, TX View Original Datasheet
- T26S R3 4E SECS 31 36 CC NM TX
- Marker Type:
- boundary marker disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1981 by USGLO (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GOVERNMENT LAND OFFICE 1981 (DCF)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 27.8 KM (17-1/4 MI) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF EL PASO, 9.6 KM (6 MI) NORTHEAST OF CANUTILLO AND 2.4 KM (1-1/2 MI) EAST OF ANTHONY. OWNERSHIP--TGK INVESTMENT CORPORATION, 2027 MISSOURI AVENUE, EL PASO, TEXAS 79903, TELEPHONE NUMBER 915-544-0180.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF LOOP 375 (TRANS MOUNTAIN ROAD) AND INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10, GO NORTH ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FOR 5.4 KM (3.4 MI) TO THE WESTWAY VINTON ROAD EXIT (EXIT NO 2). CONTINUE NORTH ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 10 FOR 4.1 KM (2.6 MI) TO THE ANTHONY EXIT (EXIT NO 0). FOLLOW EXIT 0.4 KM (0.3 MI) TO THE JUNCTION OF FARM ROAD 1905. CONTINUE NORTH FOR 0.24 KM (0.2 MI) TO A FORK. TAKE THE RIGHT FORK AND FOLLOW A SERVICE ROAD FOR 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) TO A CATTLE GUARD AND END OF TRUCK TRAVEL, 4-WHEEL DRIVE NEEDED FROM HERE. FOLLOW FENCE UPHILL TO THE EAST FOR ABOUT 200 FEET TO THE STATION ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE FENCE.
THE STATION IS A STANDARD USGLO DISK STAMPED---T26S R3E R4E S36 S31 CC 1912---, SET INTO THE TOP OF A METAL PIPE 8 CM IN DIAMETER PROJECTING 56 CM ABOVE THE GROUND. IT IS LOCATED 31.4 METERS (103 FT) EAST FROM A CONCRETE RIGHT-OF-WAY MARKER, 2.1 METERS (7.0 FT) NORTH FROM THE CENTER OF A TRACK ROAD, AND 0.3 METER (1.0 FT) SOUTH FROM A WIRE FENCE.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT SHOWN ABOVE THE MARK WAS 0.73 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1996.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.