Details for Benchmark: DX3477
N 33° 59.533 W 117° 09.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is READJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIVERSIDE county, CA View Original Datasheet
- FAULT P RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1978 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1978
11.1 MI WEST FROM BEAUMONT. 11.1 MILES WEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BEAUMONT, THENCE 0.15 MILE SOUTH ALONG A DIRT ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF SAN TIMOTEO ROAD AND REDLANDS BOULEVARD, 58.0 FT. SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 24.6 FT. NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 13.0 FT. NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE WING WALL OF A HIGHWAY BRIDGE, 7.6 FT. NORTHEAST OF POWER POLE 402969, 15.8 FT. SOUTHEAST OF BM T 403.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 1993. * This is a READJUSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km. The height was derived from older observations constrained to new heights in a crustal motion area. The height is approximate in relation to other heights in its vicinity.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.