Details for Benchmark: ES0045
N 34° 58.300 W 110° 27.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In NAVAJO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by AZHD (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1959 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
14.9 MI E FROM WINSLOW. 14.9 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 66 FROM THE INTERSECTION OF WILLIAMSON STREET AND U.S. HIGHWAY 66, WHICH IS ONE BLOCK SOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE AT WINSLOW, NAVAJO COUNTY, 18 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 0.15 MILE WEST OF MILEPOST 288, AND SET IN THE CENTER OF THE NORTH HEADWALL OF A 44-FOOT BRIDGE.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1959 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT THE HIGHWAY IS NOW A DIRT ROAD. ADD 54.9 METERS (180.1 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WEST BOUND LANES OF INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 40.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.