Details for Benchmark: EV1025
N 34° 04.167 W 117° 08.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- A 296 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- pavements (street, sidewalk, curb, apron, etc.)
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
AT MENTONE. AT MENTONE, ALONG MENTONE BOULEVARD, AT MILEPOLE 12, 62.0 FEET EAST OF AND ACROSS THE TRACK FROM THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY STATION, 20.3 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A LARGE WAREHOUSE, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE BOTTOM CONCRETE STEP, 25.9 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF A SIDE TRACK, 7.8 FEET NORTH OF THE EAST EDGE OF A DOOR TO THE WAREHOUSE, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN AN ENTRANCE WALK, AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE RAILROAD.
|03/25/1993 by MWDSC (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY METRO WATER DISTR SO. CALIFORNIA 1993
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1994.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.