Details for Benchmark: EZ1171
N 35° 31.883 W 079° 20.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHATHAM county, NC View Original Datasheet
- CHA 9
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||PFF found EZ1171
The coordinates are incorrect, and actually point to a nearby mark (EZ1170). My GPS reading was
N35 31.942, W079 20.052
Hester Farms is now Le Grange Plantation. Street address is 4449. The mark is recessed 10 inches (instead of flush with the ground).
I had to do considerable trimming of vines to get to the mark, and to see the reference tag.
[i]An update on this station has been submitted to NGS.
[Photos:]EZ1171 "CHA-9" Disk Chatam County NC
EZ1171 Area View Chatham County NC
EZ1171 Ref Tag Chatham County NC
This is how it looked after the vines were cut back.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1971 by NCGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NORTH CAROLINA GEODETIC SURVEY 1971
1.1 MI NE FROM CARBONTON. TO REACH FROM THE INTERSECTION OF NC 42, SR 2306 AND SR 2307 IN CARBONTON, GO NE 1.1 MILES ON SR 2306 TO INTERSECTION WITH HESTER FARMS ENTRANCE, TURN RIGHT INTO HESTER FARMS AND GO SE 0.1 MILE TO STATION ON LEFT, W OF RR AND SIDE TRACK CONVERGENCE, AT GATE TO PASTURE, 22.5 FT NNW OF N RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 5.5 FT SE OF ALUMINUM REF. TAG ON S GATE POST, 100.1 FT WSW OF SIDING SWITCH, AND 50.2 FT NNE OF LANE CROSSING OF MAIN TRACK. DISK IS SET IN CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.