Details for Benchmark: FO0266
N 35° 15.083 W 106° 34.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SANDOVAL county, NM View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USE (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
3.85 MI SW FROM BERNALILLO. 3.85 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT BERNALILLO, 72 FEET NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 890, 66.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 85, 41 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVELED ROAD CROSSING, 31.6 FEET EAST OF BENCH MARK W 26, 11.9 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 1.5 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 8.0 KM (4.95 MI) SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG THE ATCHISON TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 44 IN BERNALILLO, 20.3 M (66.6 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 85, 12.5 M (41.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST, 3.6 M (11.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, AND 1.2 M (3.9 FT) WEST OF MILEPOST 890. NOTE--THE DISK IS STAMPED 2 890 ALB EL 5022.76 1950. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS N FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.6 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.