Details for Benchmark: FV0012
N 35° 30.000 W 120° 39.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- N 156
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
AT ATASCADERO. AT ATASCADERO, ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD, 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE OVERPASS OVER STATE HIGHWAY 41, 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST OF THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 41 (CAPISTRANO AVENUE) AND MERCEDES AVENUE, 53.3 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 7 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE 2, 140.6 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF SEMAPHORE 226.6, 3 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF POWER POLE, 1.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|02/01/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.