Details for Benchmark: FV0137
N 35° 33.733 W 120° 36.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 561
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
9.1 MI NE FROM ATASCADERO. 1.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 125 FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT ATASCADERO, THENCE 2.6 MILES NORTH ALONG SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY ROUTE F 35 A, THENCE 5.3 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY ROUTE F 34 B, 0.7 MILE SOUTH OF THE JUNCTION OF PASO ROBLES-CRESTON ROAD, NEAR THE CENTER ONE OF THREE OAK TREES USED AS FENCE POSTS, 26 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 10 1/2 FEET EAST OF A 20-INCH OAK TREE, 2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE CABLE POLE, 1.9 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1961 by DOD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.