Details for Benchmark: GP0383
N 36° 14.483 W 111° 24.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- M 508
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
7.9 KM (4.9 MI) SOUTH FROM THE GAP. 7.95 KM (4.95 MI) SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE TRADING POST AT THE GAP, ON TOP OF A NARROW RIDGE, 35.7 METERS (117 FT) WEST OF MILEPOST 493, 29.6 METERS (97 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 51.1 METERS (167.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A 60-INCH CORRUGATED METAL PIPE CULVERT, 0.3 METER (1 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE. THE MARK IS 0.4 METERS SE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 1.8 M ABOVE THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.