Details for Benchmark: GP0526
N 36° 41.846 W 111° 37.970 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
LOCATED ABOUT 25 MI NNW. OF CEDAR RIDGE TRADING POST, 8 MI S. OF NAVAJO BRIDGE. ON NORTHERNMOST AND HIGHEST OF TWO PROMINENT TWIN CRAGS ON ECHO CLIFFS, DIRECTLY ABOVE HEAD OF JACKASS CREEK.
REACHED BY HELICOPTER. THERE ARE SEVERAL TRACK RDS. ABOUT 2 MI E. OF STATION. THE ONLY ROUTE OF ASCENT IS UP STEEP CREVICE, PARTIALLY BLOCKED BY TWO TREES, WHICH SLOPES UP TO TOP FROM E.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---JACK 1954---, CEMENTED IN DRILL HOLE IN SOLID SANDSTONE TOP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.