Details for Benchmark: GU1086
N 36° 59.400 W 120° 06.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MADERA county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 802
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1958
3.8 MI NW FROM MADERA. 3.2 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT MADERA, THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD, IN R17E T11S S10, AT MADERA MUNICIPAL AIRPORT, AT AN ABANDONED CONTROL TOWER BUILDING (OCCUPIED BY GROUND OBSERVER CORPS), SET VERTICALLY IN THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE WALL, 0.8 FOOT SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTH CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
- This mark is at Madera Municipal Airport (MAE)
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.