Details for Benchmark: HJ0404
N 37° 57.905 W 103° 32.651 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In OTERO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- LA JUNTA SOUTH WATER TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952 (LGT)
THE STATION IS ONE OF THE TWO LA JUNTA CITY WATER TANKS. IT IS LOCATED JUST SOUTH OF LA JUNTA ON THE HIGH POINT OF A RIDGE. THE TANK IS METAL AND MOUNTED ATOP A SIX LEGGED TOWER.
THE TANK IS APPROXIMATELY 130 FEET HIGH.
THE TANK WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AT THIS TIME.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.