Details for Benchmark: HN0795
N 37° 06.410 W 111° 42.362 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KANE county, UT View Original Datasheet
- T42S R2E SECS 4 5 32 33
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 42 MI. SSE. OF TROPIC AND 16 MI. SE. OF PARIA, AT A FENCE CORNER NEAR THE NE. EDGE OF E. CLARK BENCH, ABOUT 0.5 MI. SW. OF THE JUNCTION OF COYOTE CREEK AND WAHWEAP CREEKS.
TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 89 AND STATE HIGHWAY 139, IN KANAB, DRIVE E. FOR 7.8 MI. ON JOHNSTON RD. TO A FORK AT SIGN ---PARIA---, TURN RIGHT AND CONTINUE TOWARD PARIA FOR 37.2 MI. TO A RD. FORK WITHIN SIGHT OF AN ABANDONED MORMON SETTLEMENT OF ADAIRVILLE, TAKE LEFT FORK ACROSS PARIA RIVER AND CONTINUE FOR 3.5 MI. TO A RD. FORKS, TAKE RIGHT FORK 4.2 MI. TO A RD. FORK WITH AN OLD CORRAL AND TANK ABOUT 0.25 MI. TO THE S., TAKE RIGHT FORK BUT NOT TRACK RD. TO CORRAL AND CONTINUE 4 MI. STATION IS 1 MI. N. AT A FENCE CORNER. A 4-WHEEL DRIVE VEHICLE MAY BE DRIVEN TO THE STATION.
STATION MARK - USGLO TABLET STAMPED ---T42S R2E S32 S33 S5 S4 1917---, SET IN AN IRON PIPE PROJECTING 1.2 FT. ABOVE GROUND.
REFERENCE MARKS - NONE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in November 1997.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.