Details for Benchmark: JJ0551
N 38° 13.767 W 103° 41.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CROWLEY county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
3.8 MI E FROM ORDWAY. 3.8 MILES EAST ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ORDWAY, CROWLEY COUNTY, 0.4 MILE EAST OF A ROAD CROSSING, AT BRIDGE NO. 478, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE WEST PIER, 8 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 6 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD MONEL-METAL RIVET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.