Details for Benchmark: JJ0688
N 38° 00.817 W 103° 37.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTERO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- U 433
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1985 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1985
7.8 KM (4.85 MI) WEST FROM LA JUNTA. 7.8 KM (4.85 MI) WESTERLY ALONG THE SANTA FE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION IN LA JUNTA, 51.4 M (168.6 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST, 14.6 M (47.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 10.6 M (34.8 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE WESTBOUND LANES OF U.S. HIGHWAY 50, AND 0.8 M (2.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH TWO GUY WIRES. NOTE--ACCESS TO DATUM POINT IS HAD THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.