Details for Benchmark: JK0071
N 38° 17.483 W 104° 36.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUEBLO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- D 4
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3 MI N FROM PUEBLO. 3.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE UNION STATION AT PUEBLO, 73.6 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE STANDARD FIRE BRICK COMPANY OFFICE, 36.5 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF EAST 24TH STREET, 40.6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 17 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 7 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A TRACK ROAD, 1.9 FEET SOUTH OF A WITNESS POST, 0.4 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 116, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.9 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN PUEBLO, AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD AND EAST 24TH STREET, 14.0 METERS (45.9 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE STREET, 13.1 METERS (43.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 5.9 METERS (19.4 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE, AND 4.1 METERS (13.5 FT) NORTHWEST OF A UTILITY GUY LINE POLE NUMBER 119. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NE FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE TRACKS.
|01/04/1996 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1996 (PG)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.