Details for Benchmark: JK0078
N 38° 16.267 W 104° 36.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In PUEBLO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
AT PUEBLO. AT PUEBLO, PUEBLO COUNTY, AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF MAIN AND FIFTH STREETS, IN THE SOUTH WALL OF THE POST OFFICE BUILDING, 47.9 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER, AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET ABOVE GROUND. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 4668.511 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
ALL THAT REMAINS IS THE STEM OF THE DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.