Details for Benchmark: JK0147
N 38° 28.583 W 104° 59.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- ROUTE 115 STA 32+00
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CODH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
3 MI NE FROM FREMONT. 3.0 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 115 FROM THE JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 120 AT PENROSE, AT AN OPEN FLAT, 50 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND AT THE EAST EDGE OF A DITCH. A COLORADO STATE HIGHWAY DEPARTMENT STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N R S 365 32+00 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.