Details for Benchmark: JK0162
N 38° 58.150 W 104° 48.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- PINE VALLEY AIRPORT RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
9.4 MI N FROM COLORADO SPRINGS. 9.4 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAYS 85 AND 87 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT COLORADO SPRINGS, AT THE PINE VALLEY AIRPORT, 126 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 92.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A GRAVELED ROAD LEADING TO THE AIRPORT, 31.1 FEET SOUTH OF TRIANGULATION STATION PINE VALLEY AIRPORT 1953, 2 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. NOTE-- PINE VALLEY AIRPORT IS THE U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY AIRPORT AND U.S. 85 AND 87 IS KNOWN INTERSTATE 25 ABOVE 0.4 MILE EAST OF.
|01/01/1975 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1975
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION, BUT NOT LEVELED TO THIS SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.