Details for Benchmark: JK0187
N 38° 42.117 W 104° 42.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- O 3
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1953 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1953
1.2 MI NW FROM FOUNTAIN. 1.25 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT FOUNTAIN, 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 87, 23 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, 103 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST END OF BRIDGE 652 A UNDER THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD, 5 FEET BELOW THE TOP OF THE RAILS, SET IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT.
|01/01/1970 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
THE RAILROAD BRIDGE HAS BEEN REMOVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.