Details for Benchmark: JK0240
N 38° 59.100 W 104° 32.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- F 24
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1929 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
4.1 MI SW FROM PEYTON. 4.1 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE CHICAGO, ROCK ISLAND AND PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PEYTON, 3 POLES NORTHEAST OF MILEPOST 586, 5 POLES NORTHEAST OF STEEL BRIDGE 586.1, 52 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24, 48 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, 2.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTHEAST RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE, AND LEVEL WITH THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 24 1929 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
A WITNESS POST WAS ADDED AT THIS TIME AS THE RAILROAD TRACKS HAVE BEEN ABANDONED. THE MARK IS 6.6 KM (4.1 MILES) SOUTHWEST ALONG THE RAILROAD TRACKS FROM THE STATION SITE AT PAYTON, 3 POLES NORTHEAST OF THE STEEL BRIDGE 586.1, 15.6 M (52 FEET) NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 24, 14.4 (48 FEET) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND NOT NEAR ANY RIGHT OF WAY FENCE OR MILEPOST AS DESCRIBED IN THE 1934 DESCRIPTION.
|08/08/1996 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1996
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.