Details for Benchmark: JK0288
N 38° 39.505 W 104° 51.880 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- R 110 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CODH (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COLORADO STATE DEPARTMENT OF HIGHWAYS 1960
14.7 MI S FROM COLORADO SPRINGS. 14.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT COLORADO SPRINGS, EL PASO COUNTY, THENCE 12.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 115, 60 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A GUARD FENCE, 40 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 12 FEET WEST OF A DEEP WASH, AND IN THE TOP OF A SANDSTONE OUTCROP. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 110 1935.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
MARK NOT FOUND.
|03/12/1994 by MSAM (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY MOUNTAIN SURVEYING 1994 (KCH)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
|08/18/1997 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1997 (PGG)
THE MARK WAS RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. IT IS AT STATE HIGHWAY 115 MILEPOST 35.12.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1994.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.