Details for Benchmark: JK0289
N 38° 38.868 W 104° 51.882 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In EL PASO county, CO View Original Datasheet
- S 110
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
15.7 MI S FROM COLORADO SPRINGS. 15.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT COLORADO SPRINGS, THENCE 13.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 115, AT THE BASE OF A ROCKY RIDGE, 170 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE EAST END OF A 24-INCH GALVANIZED IRON CULVERT, 204 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST-AND-WEST FENCE, 100 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 73 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, AND IN THE TOP OF A 4- BY 1-1/2-FOOT BLOCK OF SANDSTONE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 110 1935.
|01/01/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
ABOUT 4.0 KM (2.5 MI) SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 85 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT COLORADO SPRINGS, THENCE 18.7 KM (11.65 MI) SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 115, 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) NORTH OF J INTERSECTION WHERE MILITARY ROUTE 6 ENTERS THE HIGHWAY, IN THE TOP OF A 1.2 M BY 0.5 M (4 FT BV 1.5 FT) BLOCK OF SANDSTONE, 36.3 M (119 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 115, 14.3 M (47 FT) EAST OF THE EASTERN RIGHT-OF-WAY FENCE,
|06/19/1986 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|08/18/1997 by CODOT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1997 (PGG)
RECOVERED AS DESCRIBED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in January 1993.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.