Details for Benchmark: JK0336
N 38° 49.100 W 105° 07.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TELLER county, CO View Original Datasheet
- Y 178
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
11.8 MI S FROM DIVIDE. 11.8 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE ROADBED OF THE ABANDONED MIDLAND TERMINAL RAILWAY FROM DIVIDE, TELLER COUNTY, 1.1 MILES NORTH OF A TUNNEL, 800 FEET SOUTH OF A GRAVEL PIT, 550 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF SIDING, 11.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, IN THE TOP OF A RED GRANITE OUTCROP, AND 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Y 178 1934.
|01/01/1938 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1938
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.