Details for Benchmark: JK0459
N 38° 36.283 W 105° 26.133 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- V 287
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||2/3 Marine posted a note for JK0459
Looked all over for this one and was unable to find it. Last log shows finding it, but his coordinates are right on for the RESET (JK0460) Adjusted coords for RESET are N38 36.307 W105 26.156 I'm sure JK0459 was logged incorrectly.
||mr.volkswagen found JK0459
N 38° 36.309 W 105° 26.157
Found in good condition. Found this one on the way home from work. Found at 0708 hours.
Canon City, CO
[This entry was edited by mr.volkswagen on Monday, February 21, 2005 at 1:39:04 PM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
13 MI NW FROM PARKDALE. 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PARKDALE, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 10.15 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST OF A CATTLE GUARD, 90 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A LARGE HAY BARN, 50 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A 4X10 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT, 33 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A WIRE GATE, 25 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1 FOOT NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 3 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.