Details for Benchmark: JK0461
N 38° 35.700 W 105° 25.500 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FREMONT county, CO View Original Datasheet
- D 287
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1951 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
12.2 MI NW FROM PARKDALE. 1.3 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PARKDALE, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 9.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 90 FEET NORTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER, 15 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST HEADWALL OF A 20X30 FOOT CONCRETE CULVERT.
|01/01/1976 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1976
PARKDALE, 1.3 MILES SOUTHWEST OF STATION AT, ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD, THENCE 1.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG US HIGHWAY 50, THENCE 9.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 9, 12.9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF GUFFEY, 220 FT SOUTHEAST OF A CULVERT 200 FT SOUTHEAST OF A HOUSE, 70 FT NORTHEAST OF CENTERLINE HWY, SET IN THE TOP OF THE NW. END OF THE NE. HEADWALL OF A CONCRETE CULVERT ON THE OLD HWY A STANDARD TABLET STAMPED D-287 1951.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.